Custom Web Apps & Web Development | Rochester NY
At Brand Builder Company... we do more than just websites.
Our custom web development specialists can create very unique custom web applications to serve the needs of your small business.
This custom development work can be integrated into a our CMS website, or any site powered by PHP. We pride ourselves on building sites using HTML5 and CSS3 that are friendly to search engines and easy to share on social media networks.
Mildred Elley Student Portal
Mildred Elley is a college located in the Captical District of New York. They needed to streamline their online division with a student portal to simplify course signup and communication with the student.Our web development on this project included:
- Step-by-step student signup form.
- Dynamics content updating based on user selection.
- Secure, encrypted storage of confidential student information.
- PayPal payment integration.
- Detailed email notifications sent to users and administrators with automatically generated PDF documents with the user's information.
- Typing test to determine a student's words per minute score.
- Multiple choice testing.
- Multiple levels of administative access.
- Assign students to lower level administrators who can only access their students and unassigned students.
- Ability for admins to resend generated documents to a student.
Greater Rochester Association of Realtors
Greater Rochester Association of Realtors (or GRAR as they are commonly known) is the association of realtors in the Greater Rochester, NY region. They are responsible for the training of all realtors in the Rochester, NY region. They are a long-time client that uses us for mulitple web development projecs. Web development projects we have done for them include:
- Nightly compliance checker that searches through all active property listings for specific violations. Violators are sent different form letters based on the violated rule. This nightly compliance checker also serves the Buffalo and Syracuse regions.
- Password protected page functionality. This password protection requires users to be assigned to groups and groups are assigned to a given page. Pages can have multiple groups assigned to them.
- Integration with a third-party database to hourly update member roster information.
- Single sign-on integration with their third-party portal system.
- Google Site Search integration.
- SEO-friendly breadcrumbs.
Mark Malcolm is a realtor from the Keuka Lake's region who wanted a powerful real estate website that focused on his listings, yet allowed users access to the wide range of properties in there area. Our web development on this project included:
- Property search.
- Automatically pulls open house information.
- Mobile website that with click-to-call functionality.
- Display property listings (just mark's or all listings) based on the type and the surrounding areas.
- Slideshow on the home page pulling in images from Mark's listings.
- Recently listed properties on the home page.
- Informative property listing page with the following features:
- Obtains all images and data for a MLS number.
- Large property image at the top with additional images along the side. Mousing over the smaller images loads them as the main image. Up and down arrows allow the user to see more images.
- Property images are displayed in a custom lightbox that allows the user to easily move between images.
- Buttons to easily share a listing on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, email, or print.
- Interactive maps that allowed the user to click on the lakes to see properties in that area.
- Integration with a weather widget to display the current weather in the Keuka area.
- Rotating background images on the home page
NY Collaborative Law
NY Collaboraitve Law is the collaborative law association of the Rochester, NY area. Our web development work for them included:
- Member directory database where members can belong to multiple professions.
- Member profiles that adhere to the person markup defined by schema.org.
- Print friendly list of all members.
- Login functionality allowing members to update their profile.
- Search by last name.
- A calendar of events that follow the event markup defined by schema.org. This makes the page more valuable to search engines.
- Administration area to allow the site admin to easily manage the calendar of events and the member profile pages.
FM Office Express
FM Office Express is an office products company located in Rochester, NY that has grown to include Merkel Donohue in Rochester, NY, Business Environments by RAS in Albany, NY, and FM Office Environments in Bayside, NY. This web development work included:
- Single database used to create a product catalog for each of these sites.
- Administration tool that allowed the site admin to choose what products and categories were specified for each region.
- Search engine friendly URLs.
- Detailed product pages using the product markup defined by schema.org for easy crawling by search engines. These pages also included open graph meta tags for easy sharing on social media networks like Facebook and Google+.
- Page keywords that displayed all of the subcategories on category pages, and the categories a product belongs to on the product listing page.
- SEO-friendly product breadcrumbs.
BobbyDillon.com is a WordPress site for Rochester, NY based mediator Bobby Dillon. The purpose of the site was to allow Bobby to connect with her clients through a blog that would give them easy access to her YouTube videos, articles, and to sign up for training events. The web development work included:
- Newsletter plugin that automatically sends out a message when a new blog was posted, as well as custom messages created by Bobby.
- Newsletter subscribers can choose to belong to categories to which messages they receive.
- Monthly and list based training calendars. These calendars allow a user to register for an event. Registration fees can vary based on the registration date.
- An event export feature to make it easy to for users to add the event to any iCalendar enabled device (e.g. Outlook, Google Calendar).
- Bookshelf section that displays books linked to her Amazon affiliate account.
- The ability to easily share pages on common social media networks.